Addictions, Compulsions, and Bad Habits
You do it because you want to feel better. Drugs, alcohol, food or cigarettes… Internet, video games, hoarding, pornography, gambling… Anger, worry, tuning out…
Is your solution causing a problem?
Check any box that applies:
- I keep doing it, or taking it, even though it’s hurting my relationships, job performance, or self-respect.
- If I don’t do it, or take it, I crave it.
- I spend too much time thinking about it, planning it, taking or doing it?
- I tell myself it’s less a problem than it is.
- I hide it, or make light of it, to others.
- I plan to do a little, and then do a lot.
- I make promises to myself, or others, to stop… and then don’t.
- I feel regret, or shame, afterwards.
- At least one of these questions make you feel uncomfortable.
How Therapy Can Help With Addiction
Most people who are addicted to something don’t even realize it. Addiction therapy is designed to open a person’s eyes to things that may be consuming too much of their time, money, productivity and in some cases, damaging their health.
Once a person’s eyes are open to the addiction, they can face the addiction, battle the addiction and overcome the addiction.
We can help you with addictions, or compulsive use of:
- Food (over/under-eating)
- Video gaming
- Internet/Social Media
How Our Therapists Approach Addiction Therapy
Our therapists aim is to create a safe, non-judgmental environment where people feel comfortable exploring their addition.
Through our four-step plan, we help you:
- Identify what your addiction is, so that you have a better understanding of your addiction and the impact it is having on your life and the people around you.
- Learn what is causing your addiction and discover what may be triggering your addiction. Identifying the root reason and what triggers your addiction is key to overcoming addition.
- Teach you methods that will help you control your addition. Research shows that these should include improving your social network and treating anxiety or depression.
- Be there for you the entire way to help you evaluate how your battle with addiction is going and identify ways in which you can improve upon the success you have had.
Get Help With Your Addiction
If you’re feeling a little overwhelmed by your addiction, we invite you to speak with one of our therapists about the issues you’re having.
Therapists Available Now.
Click here to schedule a session online.